Hope you’re well. This afternoon the Reserve Bank met and decided to leave official interest rates on hold. Looking forward, the markets are predicting one rate cut before the end of 2019. I know this will be a welcomed move, especially as we’ve seen many banks increase their home loan rates out of cycle in recent months.
Property prices continue to cool off in our capital cities, with a recent report stating prices have dropped to 2016 levels in both Melbourne and Sydney. It is anticipated that Brisbane will continue to outperform Sydney and Melbourne, but economists are predicting some price declines through 2019. As a result, you would expect the demand for new lending would drop also. It’s been interesting that our team has had a near record month of new applications in the last month, which we think means our clients are finding value in the current market.
Here are some of the offers currently available from our lender panel:
- Variable Owner Occupied Home Loan rates from 3.55% (principle and interest repayments)*
- Variable Investment loan rates from 3.87% (principle and interest repayments)*
- Variable Investment loan rates from 4.09% (interest only repayments)*
- Commercial loan rates from 4.69%*
* Please contact me for full product details.
If it’s been a while since we reviewed your lending situation and requirements, get in touch and I can have a look at your options.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Maria White | Lending Specialist